- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
- Reading and notating music.
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
We specialize in voice training, including age-appropriate songs. Our advanced vocal techniques are made simple using adaptations of traditional European opera methods. Our vocal training workbook is custom-designed to encourage tracking of individual progress. Topics covered:
- Breathing and posture
- Vowel placement and bridging
- Vocal tone and placement
- Diction and expression
- Recording technique
- Interpretive speech-level- ‘pop/opera/young to mature voice’
- Vocal fatigue/damage/illness consultation
30-minute lesson once a week for beginners
60-minute lesson once a week for intermediate/advanced student projects*
*(Option to record a CD or DVD in-house full digital audio and video state-of-the-art recording studio).
Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Banjo, Drums — alone or with vocal training.
Violin, Viola, Cello, Upright Bass
Trumpet, Saxophone, Clarinet
Features Dan Whitley’s methods to make the learning of scales and jazz improvising fun for young students. Music learned can be played in the performing groups. Methods developed over 30 years. Original method books and recordings available for purchase at the online store.
30-minute lessons once a week
Beginning Music Program using Kodaly Method (Ages 3–6)
Do, re, mi…
Music theory and sight singing
Vast variety of music and song selections (childrens/light opera/pop/folk)
Comparative training in a friendly atmosphere
Breathing exercises — young/the very young/working musician/vocalist
Preparation for performing and recording
Stage manners, M.C. training, basic broadcasting
Performing GroupsPublic performances 4 times per year (Jazz Band/Youth Chorus/Pops Orchestra)
Recitals held by teachers of private lessons for beginning studentsVocal Chorus & Pops Orchestra — all players sing/all singers play
Dan Whitley is the leader for all the performing groups.
Each are 60-minute sessions once a week